Bangladesh and Canada to host Global Partnership side event at 2017 High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
The Importance of Country-Level Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships in a Changing Development Landscape:
Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation Side Event at the 2017 High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
Tuesday, 11 July 2017
The Japan Society, Murase Room
333 E. 47th St. (in between 1st and 2nd Ave.), New York
Light refreshments will be served.
Hosted by the governments of Bangladesh and Canada under the auspices of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation, and drawing on the experience of countries in establishing and operationalising country-level, multi-stakeholder partnership platforms, the event will provide a space to reflect on the critical importance of a multi-stakeholder approach to development. Specifically, the event will encourage dialogue around the opportunities and challenges of using multi-stakeholder platforms at the country level, inviting a range of development actors to share their experiences in this area.
The objectives of this side event are to:
- Demonstrate the impact of multi-stakeholder partnerships at the country, regional and international levels for effective development co-operation and achievement of the SDGs;
- Share concrete examples of challenges, solutions and lessons learned at country level in using multi-stakeholder partnerships for development; and
- Discuss how country-level platforms for multi-stakeholder dialogue can play an instrumental role in strengthening partnerships for development at the country level.
The event will feature initial remarks by panelists from governments, civil society and the private sector, followed by interactive discussion with attendees. Speakers include:
- Mr. Joshua Mugodo, Director, Economic Affairs in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kenya
- Mr. Kazi Shofiqul Azam, Permanent Secretary, Economic Relations Division, Ministry of Finance,
Government of Bangladesh
- Amb. Michael Grant, Deputy Permanent Representative of Canada to the United Nations
- Ms. Tara Nathan, Executive Vice President of Public-Private Partnerships at MasterCard
- Ms. Patricia Blankson Akakpo, Programme Manager NETRIGHT Ghana and Co-Chair of the CSO Partnership
for Development Effectiveness
- Moderator: Mr. Michael O’Neill, Assistant Secretary General and Director, UNDP Bureau of External
Relations and Advocacy
Please click here to download the side event flyer for additional information.
Please RSVP to Sophia Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 July.
Can’t attend in person? Watch the event’s livestream beginning at 1:15pm on 11 July!