The Steering Committee prepares for the ministerial-level meetings and meets two or three times a year. The Steering Committee’s work is carried out transparently, ensuring that all members of the Global Partnership are consulted.
The Steering Committee will meet next 3 – 4 September 2015 in Mexico and has met seven times previously:
- 19 – 20 January 2015 in The Hague (Summary – Audio recording available upon request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 9 July 2014 in New York (Summary EN / ES / FR)
- 13-14 February 2014 in Abuja, Nigeria (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- 10-11 October 2013 in Washington, DC, U.S. (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- 25– 26 July 2013 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- 23-24 March 2013 in Bali, Indonesia (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- 5-6 December 2012 in London, U.K. (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- Ms. Claudia Ruiz Massieu Salinas, Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Mexico.
- Ms. Lilianne Ploumen, Minister for Trade and Development, the Netherlands.
- Mr. Goodall Edward Gondwe, Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development, Malawi.
Steering Committee members:
Representatives of recipients of development co-operation (6)
- Mr. Hazem Fahmy, Ambassador, Secretary General, Agency of Partnership for Development, Egypt.
- Ms. Ryna Elizabeth Garay Araniva, Director General of Development Cooperation, Vice Ministry of Development Cooperation, El Salvador.
- Mr. Mohammad Mejbahuddin, Secretary of Economic Relations Division, Ministry of Finance, Government of Bangladesh.
- Mr. Alfred Schuster, Development Cooperation Advisor, Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
- Mr. Mustafa Aria, Aid Management Director, Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan*.(* representing the g7+ group of fragile and conflict-affected states)
- Dr. Ibrahim Assane Mayaki, Chief Executive Officer, New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Planning and Coordinating Agency
Representative of recipients and providers of development co-operation (2)
- Ms. Rosa Herrera Costa, Executive Director of the Peruvian Agency for International Cooperation, Peru.
- Mr. Rolando Tungpalan, Undersecretary, National Economic and Development Authority, Philippines.
Representatives of providers of development co-operation (3)
- Mr. Klaus Rudischhauser, Deputy Director-General, Director, European Commission.
- Mr. Hideaki Mizukoshi, Deputy Director-General for International Cooperation, Ambassador for Civil Society, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
- Mr. Alex Thier, Assistant Administrator for Policy, Planning and Learning, U.S. Agency for International Development.
Representative of Arab providers of development co-operation (1)
- Mr. Said Aissi, OPEC Fund for International Development
Representative of the private sector stakeholders (1)
- Mr. Thomas de Man, Chairman of the Development Task Force, Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC)
Representative of parliamentarians (1)
- Mr. Martin Chungong, Secretary General, Inter-Parliamentary Union.
Representative of local governments (1)
- Ms. Annemarie Jorritsma, Vice President of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), President of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities (VNG) and Mayor of Almere, UCLG/FOGAR.
Representative of civil society stakeholders (2)
- Maria Theresa Lauron, Asia Pacific Research Network, CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness (CPDE);
- Mr. Wellington Chibebe, Deputy Secretary General, International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC).
Representatives of foundations (1)
- Ms. Maria Herminia Cabral, Director, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.
Representative of multilateral development banks (1)
- Ms. Mariam Sherman, Director, Results, Openness and Effectiveness, World Bank.
Representative of the UNDP/UNDG (1)
- Mr. Michael O’Neill, Assistant Secretary-General & Assistant Administrator, Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy, UNDP.
Representative of the OECD/DAC (1)
- Mr. Erik Solheim, Chair, Development Assistance Committee, OECD.
A joint OECD/UNDP team provides support to the Co-Chairs and the Steering Committee.
The focal points listed below can provide information and respond to any queries:
Mr. Derek Kilner,
Partnerships Development Analyst
+1 212 906 5742
Ms. Teresita Kelly Lopez-Treussart
Development Co-operation Directorate
+33 1 45 24 19 79