The Steering Committee prepares for the ministerial-level meetings and meets two or three times a year. The Steering Committee’s work is carried out transparently, ensuring that all members of the Global Partnership are consulted.
The Steering Committee met February 29 – March 1, 2016 in Lilongwe, Malawi and has met eight times previously:
- 3-4 September 2015 in Mexico (Summary EN / ES / FR)
- 19 – 20 January 2015 in The Hague (Summary – Audio recording available upon request by email to email@example.com)
- 9 July 2014 in New York (Summary EN / ES / FR)
- 13-14 February 2014 in Abuja, Nigeria (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- 10-11 October 2013 in Washington, DC, U.S. (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- 25– 26 July 2013 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- 23-24 March 2013 in Bali, Indonesia (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- 5-6 December 2012 in London, U.K. (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- Ms. Claudia Ruiz Massieu Salinas, Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Mexico.
- Ms. Lilianne Ploumen, Minister for Trade and Development, the Netherlands.
- Mr. Goodall Edward Gondwe, Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development, Malawi.
Steering Committee members:
Representatives of recipients of development co-operation (6)
- Mr. Hazem Fahmy, Ambassador, Secretary General, Agency of Partnership for Development, Egypt.
- Ms. Ryna Elizabeth Garay Araniva, Director General of Development Cooperation, Vice Ministry of Development Cooperation, El Salvador.
- Mr. Mohammad Mejbahuddin, Secretary of Economic Relations Division, Ministry of Finance, Government of Bangladesh.
- Mr. Alfred Schuster, Development Cooperation Advisor, Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
- Mr. Mustafa Aria, Aid Management Director, Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan* (* representing the g7+ group of fragile and conflict-affected states)
- Dr. Ibrahim Assane Mayaki, Chief Executive Officer, New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Planning and Coordinating Agency
Representative of recipients and providers of development co-operation (2)
- Ms. Rosa Herrera Costa, Executive Director of the Peruvian Agency for International Cooperation, Peru.
- Mr. Rolando Tungpalan, Deputy Director-General, National Economic and Development Authority, Philippines.
Representatives of providers of development co-operation (3)
- Mr. Klaus Rudischhauser, Deputy Director General, Directorate-General for Development and Co-operation, EuropeAid, European Commission.
- Mr. Shigeru Ushio, Deputy Director-General for Global Issues, Ambassador for Civil Society, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan.
- Ms. Barbara Smith, Deputy Assistant to the Administrator, Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning, U.S. Agency for International Development.
Representative of Arab providers of development co-operation (1)
- Mr. Fuad Albassam, Assistant Director-General, Public Sector Operations, OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
Representative of the private sector stakeholders (1)
- Mr. Thomas de Man, Chairman of the Development Task Force, Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC)
Representative of parliamentarians (1)
- Mr. Martin Chungong, Secretary-General, Inter-Parliamentary Union.
Representative of local governments (1)
- Ms. Annemarie Jorritsma-Lebbink, Vice President of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), President of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities (VNG) and Mayor of Almere – Global Network of Cities, Local and Regional Governments.
Representative of civil society stakeholders (2)
- Maria Theresa Lauron, Co-chair, CSO Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation, International Development, IBON International;
- Mr. Wellington Chibebe, Deputy Secretary-General, International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC).
Representatives of foundations (1)
- Ms. Maria Herminia Cabral, Director, Gulbenkian Partnerships for the Development Programme.
Representative of multilateral development banks (1)
- Ms. Chiyo Kanda, Manager, World Bank.
Representative of the UNDP/UNDG (1)
- Mr. Michael O’Neill, Assistant Secretary-General & Assistant Administrator, Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy, UNDP.
Representative of the OECD/DAC (1)
- Mr. Erik Solheim, Chair, Development Assistance Committee, OECD.
A joint OECD/UNDP team provides support to the Co-Chairs and the Steering Committee.
The focal points listed below can provide information and respond to any queries:
Ms. Lauren Smith,
Global Partnership and Multi-stakeholder Analyst
+1 212 906 3640
Mr. Thomas Boehler,
Policy Analyst, Global Partnerships and Policies
+33 1 45 24 87 75