The Steering Committee prepares for the ministerial-level meetings and meets two or three times a year. The Steering Committee’s work is carried out transparently, ensuring that all members of the Global Partnership are consulted.
The Steering Committee will meet next in early 2015 and has met six times previously:
- 9 July 2014 in New York (Summary EN / ES / FR)
- 13-14 February 2014 in Abuja, Nigeria (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- 10-11 October 2013 in Washington, DC, U.S. (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- 25– 26 July 2013 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- March 2013 in Bali, Indonesia (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- December 2012 in London, U.K. (Summary EN / FR / ES)
- Mr. José Antonio Meade Kuribrena, Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Mexico.
- Ms. Lilianne Ploumen, Minister for Trade and Development, the Netherlands.
- Mr. Goodall Edward Gondwe, Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development, Malawi.
Steering Committee members:
Representatives of recipients of development co-operation (5)
- Mr. Brahim Adoum Bachar, Secretary General, Ministry of Economy and Planning, Chad.
- Ms. Alejandra Sofia Castillo, Adviser to the Deputy Minister of Development Cooperation, Vice Ministry of Development Cooperation, El Salvador.
- Mr. Mohammad Mejbahuddin, Secretary of Economic Relations Division, Ministry of Finance, Government of Bangladesh.
- Mr. Alfred Schuster, Development Cooperation Advisor, Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
- Mr. Mustafa Aria, Aid Management Director, Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan*.(* representing the g7+ group of fragile and conflict-affected states)
Representative of recipients and providers of development co-operation (2)
- Ms. Marina Eugenia Echeverria, Director of International Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Peru.
- Mr. Rolando Tungpalan, Undersecretary, National Economic and Development Authority, Philippines.
Representatives of providers of development co-operation (3)
- Mr. Klaus Rudischhauser, Deputy Director-General, Director, European Commission.
- Ms. Youngju Oh, Director General for Development Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Korea.
- Mr. Alex Thier, Assistant Administrator for Policy, Planning and Learning, U.S. Agency for International Development.
Representative of Arab providers of development co-operation (1)
- Mr. Said Aissi, OPEC Fund for International Development
Representative of the private sector stakeholders (1)
- Thomas de Man, Chairman of the Development Task Force, Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC)
Representative of parliamentarians (1)
- Mr. Martin Chungong, Secretary General, Inter-Parliamentary Union.
Representative of local governments (1)
- Mrs. Marta Macias, Cooperation Development General Director, Catalan Government, UCLG/FOGAR.
Representative of civil society stakeholders (2)
- Mr Richard Ssewakiryanga, Uganda NGO Forum, CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness (CPDE);
- Mr Wellington Chibebe, Deputy Secretary General, International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC).
Representatives of foundations (1)
- Mr. David Crook, Development Director, STARS Foundation.
Representative of multilateral development banks (1)
- Ms. Mariam Sherman, Director, Results, Openness and Effectiveness, World Bank.
Representative of the UNDP/UNDG (1)
- Mr. Michael O’Neill, Assistant Secretary-General & Assistant Administrator, Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy, UNDP.
Representative of the OECD/DAC (1)
- Mr. Erik Solheim, Chair, Development Assistance Committee, OECD.
A joint OECD/UNDP team provides support to the Co-Chairs and the Steering Committee.