The fifth Global Partnership Steering Committee meeting was hosted byGlobal Partnership Co-Chair and Nigerian Finance Minister Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala in Abuja, Nigeria on 13-14 February 2014. The meeting marks the final gathering of the Global Partnership’s leading body before the first High-Level Meeting of the Global Partnership.
In Abuja the Steering Committee:
- created consensus around and momentum towards the political vision for the first High-Level Meeting;
- identified remaining practical actions to take before the High-Level Meeting; and,
- looked at preliminary results from the first Global Partnership monitoring exercise to craft key messages for the Mexico meeting.
The 18 representatives of 161 Governments and 54 organisations that have endorsed the Global Partnership also discussed recent global and regional initiatives on the implementation of the Busan commitments and shared information on their own efforts to make development co-operation more effective.
- Outcome Document (ES / FR)
- Agenda (ES / FR)
- Concept Note: The Role of Business in Development Co-operation (ES / FR)
- Outline of Key Findings from Monitoring Evidence
- Guidelines for Effective Philanthropic Engagement
- Private Sector Comments from BIAC to the 5th Steering Committee Meeting
- Revised Roadmap towards the 1st High-Level Meeting of the Global Partnership (ES / FR)
- Overview of Funding Requirements 2013-2014
- Working Arrangements of the Global Partnership (ES / FR)