The Steering Committee held its seventh meeting in January 2015 to agree on the main Global Partnership priorities for the next biennium. The group confirmed its interest in the substantive areas selected for the Mexico High-Level Meeting last year, namely:
- the implementation of Busan commitments and inclusive development;
- international tax and domestic resource mobilisation;
- knowledge sharing, South-South and triangular co-operation;
- the role of middle-income countries in development co-operation;
- and business as a partner in development.
In addition to ensuring continuity in the Global Partnership substantive work, Steering Committee members decided to sharpen its focus by taking an in-depth look at a number of specific issues, such as:
- accelerating the implementation of aid and development effectiveness commitments in fragile settings and low-income countries;
- improving global and country multi-stakeholder partnerships for development;
- exploring better ways to use development finance tools like aid, private investments, and domestic resource mobilisation;
- recognising the multi-dimensional challenges faced by middle-income countries in tackling poverty.
Steering Committee members also endorsed the strengthening of the global monitoring framework in recognition of its importance as a core asset of the Global Partnership. There was broad support for improving both the framework and the monitoring process, including through enhanced stakeholder consultation and the establishment of a technical Advisory Group, to ensure the Global Partnership continues to offer an accountability mechanism that is relevant to post-2015 development.
- Outcome Document (ES / FR)
- Agenda (ES / FR)
- Guiding Document (ES / FR)
- Synthesis Note on the Building Blocks and Voluntary Initiatives (ES / FR)
- Monitoring Document: Strengthening the Global Partnership Monitoring Framework (FR / ES)
- Communications Activities Update (ES / FR)
- Planning Workshop Concept Note: Strengthening Coordination to Deliver Results
- Main Findings from the Global Partnership Survey (ES / FR)
- Draft Action Plan for DCF-GPEDC Complementarity and Synergies
- Overview of Funding Requirements 2015-2016
- Media guide
- Global Partnership Survey Responses
- Final Report from the 2014 GPEDC Planning Workshop in Seoul
- Inputs from Steering Committee Members
effective development co-operation.