The UNDP-OECD Joint Support Team organised this workshop to support the rolling-out of the Global Partnership’s Monitoring Framework. The strong participation of government experts from over 30 developing countries offered an opportunity for dialogue and exchange of views on priorities and interests relating to the work of Global Partnership. In addition, developing country governments received information and guidance for leading the monitoring process in-country.
- The need for clear roles and responsibilities as well as instructions and timelines to guide participation in the monitoring effort and the need for equally clear instructions to be delivered to providers of co-operation. Countries from all regions pointed to lack of awareness and commitment to monitoring from many providers.
- The need for tools to facilitate two-way communication and information sharing, and the importance of finding ways to keep up dialogue sparked in Copenhagen within and across regions. The joint support team drew attention to the new web-based tools and invited countries to start using them to enable flow of information and peer support.
- The importance of regional and country support for some countries was emphasised throughout the discussions. The joint support team emphasised the demand-driven nature of UNDP country and regional support, and encouraged countries to lead in defining their specific support needs and engaging development partners.
Countries emphasised the usefulness of the workshop in supporting discussions among peers on shared challenges, and the meeting concluded that it would be important to maintain this momentum by finding ways to keep up regular dialogue among countries, within and across regions.
- Concept Note (EN / FR)
- Outcome Document
- Copenhagen workshop participants list (English and French)
- Workshop Programme (speakers and presentations) (EN / FR)
- Presentation of the Global Partnership (EN / FR)
- The Global Partnership Monitoring Framework: Purpose and Scope of Monitoring, Role of Participating Countries (EN / FR)
- The Global Partnership Monitoring Framework: Process: What, when, by whom? (EN / FR)
- Presentation of Indicators (EN / FR)
effective development co-operation.