The regional monitoring workshop in Latin America & Caribbean was organised by the joint UNDP-OECD support team and co-hosted by the AMEXCID and the CLEAR Center for Learning on Evaluation and Results Latin America with support from the UNDP. This workshop aimed to facilitate the rolling out of the Global Partnership second monitoring round. The workshop targeted government officials and other stakeholders’ focal points from participating countries, with the objective of ensuring that they have the information and guidance needed to engage in this monitoring exercise. In addition, the workshop offered an opportunity to discuss the regional perspectives regarding new modalities of development cooperation and the work leading up to the second High Level Meeting of the Global Partnership in Kenya. The workshop was attended by 30 participants representing 10 countries, the UNDP regional office, as well as civil society.
The workshop – carried out in Spanish – introduced participants to the Global Partnership as the multi-stakeholder global forum on development co-operation effectiveness, emerging from the Rome-Monterrey-Paris-Accra-Busan roadmap, and contributing towards the 2030 Agenda. Hands-on sessions focused on discussing how participants could carry out their responsibilities, and two “indicators clinics” discussed the rationale and measurement of each indicator. During the second day, participants engaged in an open dialogue on how to measure “south-south co-operation” and other modalities, given the increasing importance of these forms of development co-operation in the region. Finally, participants were consulted on the agenda for the second High-Level Meeting of the Global Partnership, and initial reactions emphasized the need to redefine aspects of the Global Partnership to reflect regional realities and concerns. In total, six Latin American countries carried out presentations, describing their aid management strategies and/or the experience and lessons learned during their participation in the First Monitoring Round.
- Session 1: Introducción rápida a la AGCED
- Session 1: Recap de la agenda de efectividad
- Session 2a: Marco de Monitoreo de la AGCED
- Session 2b: La 2a Ronda de Monitoreo
- Session 2c: Perú – Presentación de resultados de Busan
- Session 3: Manejando el proceso
- Session 4 – Intro a los indicadores clinics
- Session 4: Indicadores clinics I (indicadores 5 6 7 9b)
- Session 5 – Indicadores clinics II (indicadores 1 2 3 8)
- Session 6 – Colombia – Cooperación sur-sur y Modelo APC
- Session 6 – México – Marco monitoreo y Cooperación sur-sur
- Session 6 – Uruguay – Cooperación sur-sur y triangular
- Session 6: Proyecto Mesoamérica
effective development co-operation.