The regional monitoring workshop in Asia-Pacific was organised by the joint UNDP-OECD support team, hosted by the Asia-Pacific Forum for Development Effectiveness. This workshop aimed to facilitate the rolling out of the Global Partnership monitoring framework. The workshop targeted developing country government officials (i.e. national coordinators), with the objective to ensure that governments have the information and guidance they need to lead the monitoring process in-country. In addition, the workshop offered an opportunity for developing countries to be updated on the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation agenda and to exchange views on priorities and interests relating to the work of Global Partnership, in particular in the leads up to the next High Level Meeting in Kenya in 2016. The workshop was attended, with 45 participants representing 22 developing countries, UNDP regional and country offices, providers of development cooperation as well as civil society and private sector.
Building an integrated approach to managing development flows (beyond ODA) will be critical to achieve the SDGs. Internalising and localising the ambitious agendas of SDGs, Financing for Development (FfD) and effective development cooperation (EDC) in an integrated and coherent manner is needed, as there are limited resources available at the country level. In this context, effective development cooperation is key for financing sustainable development and implementation of the 2030 Agenda, and there is need to establish coherence between the different processes (UN/SDGs, FfD, GPEDC). The participants called for the Global Partnership to play an important role in the FfD follow-up and SDGs implementation and review. Some participants underscored the importance of the Global Partnership taking a clear formal role in monitoring the Addis Ababa Action Agenda (AAAA) and the SDGs.
- Workshop Session 1 PPT: Introduction
- Workshop Session 2 PPT: Overview
- Workshop Session 2 PPT: Effective Development Cooperation Principles, The Bangladeshi Perspective
- Workshop Session 2 PPT: Effective Development Cooperation in Myanmar
- Workshop Session 3 PPT: The Monitoring Framework
- Workshop Session 3 PPT: Stock Take of the First Monitoring Round
- Workshop Session 4 PPT: Monitoring Development Effectiveness in Cambodia
- Workshop Session 4 PPT: Introduction to the Second Monitoring Round (2015-16)
- Workshop Session 5 PPT: The New Indicators
- Workshop Session 6 PPT: Introduction to the Indicator Clinics
effective development co-operation.