Development co-operation policy:
- National Development Plan 2018-2021
- Chapter 4 on the accountability framework touches upon the coordination mechanisms.
Aid Information Management System (AIMS):
- Gateway’s Aid Management Programme
- Gambia has recently joined Gateway’s Aid Management Programme and is preparing to develop an Aid Management Platform – AMP’s software tool – that will complement the Internal Financial Management Information System (IFMIS), which will provide the Ministry of Finance and other policymakers with a more complete picture of the resources dedicated to promoting development in The Gambia.
Development co-operation reports:
Development cooperation mechanisms:
Level and actors
Objectives and related policies
|NDPP Platform (in preparation)|
Multi-stakeholder (MOFED, UNDP)
To foster dialogue, interactions, collaboration, consultations among all stakeholders and increase transparency and accountability.
National Steering Committee
Inter-Ministerial Steering Committee
- Governments (Chaired by Vice President)
High-level National Steering Committee
- Governments (Ministers)
- Donor community, the private sector, CSOs, professional associations, others designated by the Office of the President.
Government-Donor Consultative Forum
- Governments (Chaired by Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs)
- Donor community
National Technical Steering Committee
- Donor community, MDAs, the private sector, CSOs.
To strengthen internal coherence in policy, programme implementation, aid coordination,
monitoring and reporting, the Government will undertake a comprehensive review of the
current situation, and draw upon best practices to come up with the appropriate coordination
mechanism/framework for development planning in the country.